As an author and social media user, I’ve built my own businesses telling people about the books I write. I’ve learnt about routes to market, how to brand my products and how to do the best I can to make myself successful. I’ve built my own brand and I’d like to help you do the same. I’m also a normal human being with a family and a day job. I know what it’s like to try and wear a lot of hats at one time. It can be a lonely business being a writer. Sometimes you may need a little friendly advice. That’s where I might be able to help.
In the words of Neil Gaiman, ‘The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live as only you can’.
That’s why it’s so important to take every facet of the book/s that you’ve written, and make them work especially for you, as an author.
Social Media Advice Online Coaching session ($65 – one-hour session)
- Author will be sent a document asking for their current social media links
- I’ll take a look at what an author already has in place, do some research on what the book/genre is about beforehand and assess the author’s current social media platform
- During the call, feedback would be provided and discussed with the author and advice given as to what could perhaps be done to enhance their profile
- *I’ll provide you with a written report detailing my suggestions and our discussion
Social Media Advice Report only ($45)
*If a coaching session has been held, this report will be created free of charge based on our discussion
- Analyse the author’s social media platform, including website, blog, Facebook, Twitter and anything else you might have.
- Provide a detailed report with specific improvement recommendations to optimize and enhance content, aesthetics, visibility, and reader participation. Suggest new platforms and potential ‘hooks’ or USP’s to draw on in promotion.
I work on a flat fee remuneration. These charges are commensurate with what I already earn as an approved Associate Editor for other publishing companies and privately contracted work I take on. Depending on the level of work you require, these prices may be negotiable. A contract between the parties would be drawn up and work would only commence once it has been signed. Payment would be 60% upfront with the balance due on the *first return of the manuscript to the author (s)
Books with a word count of 20,000 – 30,000 words $140.00
Books with a word count of 30,000 – 40,000 words $160.00
Books with a word count of 40,000 – 60,000 words $250.00
Books with a word count of 60,000 – 80,000 words $380.00
Books with a word count of 80,000 – 100,000 words $480.00
Books with a word count of 100,000 – 120,000 $600.00
For this, I offer a full editing review service –
- Reading each Manuscript in its entirety to perform the first developmental edit;
- Providing the first suggested edits and revisions, including revision notes to the author(s) of the manuscript*
- Working with the author(s) to create the best possible book to publish premium
- Working with the author(s) on the line edits of the manuscript to produce a clean, finished product ready for copy editing by a third party
- Reviewing the copy edit with author(s) once returned (if required)
- Returning a clean copy of the manuscript to author(s) for formatting for
publication by a third party
- Assisting the author(s) with the creation of any and all keynotes, back cover
copy, synopses and descriptions of the book.
- Book Bibles can also be offered, see below for pricing.
BOOK BIBLES (Novels, novellas, short stories and scripts)
I’m also able to create you a book bible for your books, giving you everything you need in one place. In case you don’t know, this is something that includes everything from character descriptions, settings, family trees, daily and yearly timelines, world-building, culture, politics/religion, short backstories on each character (friends, enemies, hurt and pain, personalities, what caused their big conflict, motivations and goals, etc.) locations etc. If you’re interested in this, please contact me. Prices range from $75 to $250 per book depending on the intricacy and scope of the project. Ping me an email if you’re interested and I’ll do a bespoke quote.
Digital P A work
I offer a variety of services which can be tailored to individual requirements. Social media postings, copywriting, transcribing your voice notes, preparing blog posts and doing research. I’m happy to do most things to assist you to get on with your day, doing what you do best as your core business.
Book trailers, graphic comics and teasers
I’m happy to create these for you if you fancy one. You can see the book trailers I’ve done down on my YouTube channel
I can also create book teasers in comic/graphic art format (see one of mine –SOUL OF DISCRETION -for an example). Depending on what you want and how many pages it is, it can cost from $5-$60 for full comic promotion. Below is an example of what a page looks like.
Creating a book trailer $10 – $20 depending on requirements and length
The trailer will generally be approximately 1.5- 2.5 max minutes long and be specific to your book. Images used will be either the author’s own, purchased ones so as not to contravene copyright. Music will be sourced the same way. The trailer can be uploaded to the author’s YouTube, Vimeo, Animoto or other video channels. It can be promoted via any of your own social media outlets.
Scriptwriting and script doctoring / converting an existing script to a published novel
If you need a second pair of eyes to review your script or want to have your screenplay converted to a novel, or need a novel written into a screenplay, please get in touch. We can discuss what happens next and agree on some pricing options. I am a member of the Writing Guild of Great Britain (WGGB) who publish tariffs for the production of screenplays, for their members to charge. However, I am open and negotiable to a discussion, so if you have a burning need to develop a screenplay, get in touch with me.
Two scripts I’ve written have won several awards so far and I’m understandably quite proud of that achievement.
REEL LIFE (TV PILOT) REEL LIFE (TV PILOT)
You’re Alice in Wonderland – Play Me